Subject: New docs.oasis-open.org / URI mapping application

This morning we have rolled out a new URI mapping application for the OASIS Library at docs.oasis-open.org. The PHP-based URI aliasing tool (application) is driven by XML configuration files, editable by the TC Administration and approved Staff. This tool will allow greater flexibility in accommodating TC requests for various "Latest Version: " URIs, and for fixing up some legacy URI design problems. It provides for server-side URI rewrites (URI-to-file mappings), which often are preferable to the client-side redirects used in the past.

As part of the implementation the data was moved to a new server. Content has been reorganized to use some different directories, files, and aliases. Our working premise, however, is that no URIs owned by OASIS and published in the OASIS Library should fail to "work" as expected under the new configuration.

While significant internal testing was done, we ask that you review any content related to your technical committee that is hosted on docs.oasis-open.org. Please note any problems, anomalies, or unexpected behaviors and send them to tc-admin@oasis-open.org.

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae
Manager of TC Administration, OASIS
email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
web: www.oasis-open.org
phone: 603.232.9090

OASIS Symposium:
"eBusiness and Open Standards:
Understanding the Facts, Fiction, and Future"
15-18 April 2007 San Diego, CA USA
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium/