Subject: Re: [chairs] Membership for open source implementers

Ken is right, "invited expert" does not exist in OASIS, that is W3C parlance.

But:

- anybody can read the email of the TC through the archives (yes, there is
a slight delay and it's a pull not push system, but hey, it's gratis...)
- anybody can send comments to the TC through the comment mechanism, which
means they first have to agree (and be legally bound by their agreement) that
whatever IPR they contribute to the TC is offered under the same IPR mode
as the TC.

So now you know what $300 buys you.

As to the argument that "for someone doing good
work that benefits the OASIS community, it seems odd that we’d throw
a barrier up for them to contribute even more directly.", hm, since
we all are doing work that benefits the OASIS community, why don't we
just eliminate fees for all?

Just kidding...

--
Eduardo Gutentag        |    e-mail: eduardo.gutentag@Sun.COM
Technology Director     |    Phone:  +1 510 550 4616 (internal x31442)