Subject: RE: [chairs] Membership for open source implementers

Gabe,

At some level, many members are here because their peers, partners,
suppliers or customers have encouraged them to join OASIS.  But we have not
witnessed any situation where a member thinks so strongly of their cause as
to directly encourage them with their checkbook in a "buying plurality" way.
Could it happen, I suppose.  Is it likely?  I don't know.  I do know that
I'd like to hear from any members who *have* convinced their management to
pay several member fees, because we might learn some interesting sales
techniques ;-)

Going forward...
We should move this dialogue to member-discuss@lists.oasis-open.org. I can
add an announcement to the next Member news that this dialogue is there now
and every member (not the subset that are chairs) can share their views on
this.

Scott...