Subject: Re: [chairs] Recommendations for Version Control System!

+1 for SVN, with an extra plug for the use of WebDAV interfaces, which
greatly improves usability, IMO

=peterd

On Oct 20, 2008, at 2:54 PM, Bill Parducci wrote:

> I vote for anything since the XACML TC has been trying to get
> something in place to handle this for 6 months+ with no luck.

> On Oct 20, 2008, at 11:46 AM, Mike Edwards wrote:
>

>> Folks,
>>
>> I vote for SVN (Subversion)
>>
>> Yours,  Mike.
>>
>> Strategist - Emerging Technologies, SCA & SDO.
>> Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
>> IBM Hursley Park, Mail Point 146, Winchester, SO21 2JN, Great
>> Britain.
>> Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
>> Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com
>>

>> From:
>> "Patil, Sanjay" <sanjay.patil@sap.com>
>> To:
>> <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>, <chairs@lists.oasis-open.org>, <tc-admin@oasis-open.org
>> >
>> Cc:
>> <opencsa-liaison@lists.oasis-open.org>
>> Date:
>> 20/10/2008 19:04
>> Subject:
>> [chairs] Recommendations for Version Control System!
>>

>> Hi Mary and Chairs of the OASIS TCs,
>>
>> I would like to seek your input regarding selection of a Version
>> Control System (VCS) for use by the OpenCSA TCs.
>>
>> Most of the TCs under the OpenCSA Member Section are chartered to
>> deliver a test suite (for testing conformant implementations). For
>> the sake of consistency and reuse, the various OpenCSA TCs are
>> planning to collaborate in developing the different parts of the
>> test suite (test harness, test cases, etc).  As you can imagine,
>> this effort requires using a Version Control System (VCS) that is
>> more powerful and flexible than what is currently provided by Kavi.
>> Using SourceForge infrastructure would be one option in this
>> regard. However before making any decision, we would like to know
>> if you have any recommendations for VCS based on the experiences of
>> your TC, any known issues such as user account management, IPR, etc.
>>
>> I am posting the above inquiry on behalf of the OpenCSA Steering
>> Committee's Liaison Subcommittee which is planning to meet on
>> coming Thursday (10/23). Your response before coming Thursday is
>> therefore greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sanjay
>> Co-Chair - OpenCSA Liaison Subcommittee
>>

>> Unless stated otherwise above:
>> IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with
>> number 741598.
>> Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire
>> PO6 3AU

Peter Davis: NeuStar, Inc.
Director & Distinguished Member of the Technical Staff
45980 Center Oak Plaza Sterling, VA 20166
[T] +1 571 434 5516 [E] peter.davis@neustar.biz [W] http://www.neustar.biz/
  [X] xri://@neustar*pdavis [X] xri://=peterd
The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for
the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential
and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient
you have received this e-mail message in error and any review,
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
notify us immediately and delete the original message.