Subject: Re: [chairs] Recommendations for Version Control System!

+1
Aus mein Blackberry/from my Blackberry

From: Mike Edwards
To: Patil, Sanjay
Cc: chairs@lists.oasis-open.org ; mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org ; opencsa-liaison@lists.oasis-open.org ; tc-admin@oasis-open.org
Sent: Mon Oct 20 11:46:36 2008

Folks,

I vote for SVN (Subversion)

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

From: "Patil, Sanjay" <sanjay.patil@sap.com>
To: <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>, <chairs@lists.oasis-open.org>, <tc-admin@oasis-open.org>
Cc: <opencsa-liaison@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: 20/10/2008 19:04

Hi Mary and Chairs of the OASIS TCs,

I would like to seek your input regarding selection of a Version Control System (VCS) for use by the OpenCSA TCs.

Most of the TCs under the OpenCSA Member Section are chartered to deliver a test suite (for testing conformant implementations). For the sake of consistency and reuse, the various OpenCSA TCs are planning to collaborate in developing the different parts of the test suite (test harness, test cases, etc).  As you can imagine, this effort requires using a Version Control System (VCS) that is more powerful and flexible than what is currently provided by Kavi. Using SourceForge infrastructure would be one option in this regard. However before making any decision, we would like to know if you have any recommendations for VCS based on the experiences of your TC, any known issues such as user account management, IPR, etc.

I am posting the above inquiry on behalf of the OpenCSA Steering Committee's Liaison Subcommittee which is planning to meet on coming Thursday (10/23). Your response before coming Thursday is therefore greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Sanjay

Co-Chair - OpenCSA Liaison Subcommittee

Unless stated otherwise above: