Subject: RE: [chairs] New rule on which document wins when there is ambiguity

> Adding to Robin's explanation: you need to look at the context in which this
> rule was formulated.

<snip>

This explanation makes a lot of sense. However, I think the rule needs rewriting to properly capture the motivation and intention.

There is a more important technology question - surely it can't be beyond the wit of technology to include such external text files in the editorial versions of the spec such that the content of the text file can be slurped into the published specs when a PDF version is generated (rather than manually trying to keep both up to date). Would investigating tools to do this be something OASIS could investigate? (or are these already there, and I've just not noticed)?

Matthew