Subject: RE: [chairs] Draft Jan 2009 TC Process changes summary

Our Adoption TC is certainly interested. We are producing best practices
documents and other guides but no specifications.
JoAnn

JoAnn Hackos PhD
President
Comtech Services, Inc.
joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com
Skype joannhackos

-----Original Message-----
From: Mary McRae [mailto:mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 1:31 PM
To: Anthony Nadalin
Cc: Jeff Mischkinsky; chairs@lists.oasis-open.org

Hy Tony,

  While you may not see it in any of the TCs you participate in, a
number of TCs are producing documents that they would like to have
approved (i.e. the TC is in agreement on the content of the document),
particularly in our Adoption TCs, but also by TCs wishing to produce
ancilliary documents such as a user's guide or best practices, or
possibly a white paper. It could also be a requirements document. The
list is far from exhaustive, which is why we have not tried to identify
each and every possible type of artifact.

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae
Director, Standards Development
Technical Committee Administrator
email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
web: www.oasis-open.org
twitter: @fiberartisan  #oasisopen
phone: 1.603.232.9090

Standards are like parachutes: they work best when they're open.

On Jan 8, 2010, at 2:51 PM, Anthony Nadalin wrote:

> I'm not aware of any requests to approve "things" that are not
specifications, thus I question these chnages

can approve "things" that are not specifications.

+1(650)506-1975
> 	and Web Services Standards           			500
Oracle Parkway, M/S 2OP9
> Oracle
Redwood Shores, CA 94065