Subject: RE: [chairs] Anti-gen zapping XML attachments!

Scott,

Will submit the message for analysis.

I can confirm that the ZIP was posted OK - despite the fierce message from Anti-gen indicating otherwise!

I can't cope well with such things before the third cup of tea in the morning!

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Scott McGrath" <scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org>
Date: Wed, April 07, 2010 1:04 pm
To: "'David RR Webber (XML)'" <david@drrw.info>,
<chairs@lists.oasis-open.org>
Cc: "'Mary McRae'" <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>, "'Neil Joseph Schelly'"
<neil.schelly@oasis-open.org>

David, all,

In the interest of clarity, allow me to point out a few things in reply:

  1. We have been filtering mail to the lists and all OASIS addresses for years.  I don’t think you are suggesting we don’t, given that ~98% of all traffic to our servers is spam.
  2. Your attachment *was not rejected* because it was XML, zipped, or some combination of those attributes.  Those factors are not considered in filtering.
  3. If you are interested in learning why your message was filtered (as a false positive or otherwise) and allowing us to tweak the filter, may I suggest you follow the instructions received in your bounce message and submit the original message to not-spam@oasis-open.org for our analysis.

Hope that helps,

Scott…