Subject: RE: [chairs] What can Standards Development / TC Administration do to help?

The good thing about using DITA is that authors can work on different topics and maps for their part of the document.

JoAnn Hackos PhD

President

Comtech Services, Inc.

joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com

Skype joannhackos

From: Mary McRae [mailto:mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2010 1:28 PM
To: Patrick Durusau
Cc: <bryan.s.schnabel@tektronix.com>; Bob.Freund@hitachisoftware.com; ings@ca.ibm.com; chairs@lists.oasis-open.org

Let's not get into the content-based markup that's usable vs format-based markup that isn't argument. Both DITA and DocBook are structured to be customized to suit one's needs. I would never hand someone the DocBook DTD and have them go at it. Would be horrendous to try to transform into anything useful. Sort of like working with with ODF or OOXML. ;)

I'd even be happy to support both DITA and DocBook. We do now. It wouldn't be difficult to modify XSLTs etc to support both.

Mary