Subject: Re: [chairs] What can Standards Development / TC Administration do to help?

Thanks.  Hope springs eternal about automation :D  So we need a
critical mass to justify development effort.  Back to Kelvin and the
chairs then ...

1. Do we think that there are a *lot* of TCs who happily author in an
XML editor, and could get together on a schema?

(Let's exclude the case that each TC wants to use its own format, as
too obvious.  Which TCs are using OTHER TCs' work?  Jon mentioned that
UBL uses DocBook.)

2.  Do we think that there are a *lot* of TCs who want only to author
in a  WYSIWYG office-document-style environment only, like Kelvin?
Any reason we could not use a single XML-compatible office document
format for that?  Maybe even a standard?

Regards Jamie

~ James Bryce Clark
~ General Counsel, OASIS
~ http://www.oasis-open.org/who/staff.php#clark