Subject: Re: [chairs] Re: A hosted solution for specification editing?

<abrupt shift in topic>
Apologies for further muddying the waters of this thread (albeit with the acknowledged benefit of demonstrating the frailties of email based discussion), I would like to propose that Oasis implement a forum for discussions that may be used by the TCs as well as this group. This is not the first time that a "simple" conversation has meandered, branched and ultimately lost it's ability to be followed without some sort of email-semantic reverse engineering. This is not to say the data isn't relevant or interesting, but that the format by which it is "managed" (and I use the term loosely) is abysmal when more than a few people are communicating on a subject of only a few response cycles.

This is difficult enough in "real-time" but has proven to have generated discussions that are practically impossible to decipher from the email archives.  As a result, the meta information contained in a number of thoughtful--and lengthy--discussions in our TC's past now rest primarily in human memory. Being able to not only add structure to such conversations seems worth the "cost" of having a tool like a forum available to Oasis members.
</shift>

...back to the main topic (I think the score is Duck Season 6 and Wabbit Season 8, but I am still tallying :)