Subject: RE: [chairs] What can Standards Development / TC Administration do to help?

To echo Ken, we have created a template based on DITA and are now having
Mary check it to be certain it complies with the OASIS standard. We have
been happily authoring DITA topics and maps and produce PDF, XHTML, and
.chm output.

JoAnn
CoChair, DITA Adoption TC

JoAnn Hackos PhD
President
Comtech Services, Inc.
joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com
Skype joannhackos

-----Original Message-----
From: G. Ken Holman [mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 2:32 PM
To: chairs@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [chairs] What can Standards Development / TC Administration
do to help?

At 2010-05-18 14:01 -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:
>Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't dream of editing a spec in anything
>*other* than (a particular) OASIS XML format, but that's not going to
>be news to anyone :-)

Norm won't say it, but I will ... I've created a spec publishing
environment based on DocBook.

The version 0.4 currently visible in the template directory is
outdated and I'm waiting for TC Admin to upload the latest that I
delivered to them last week.  What I like about this environment is
that it produces the HTML and PDF to Mary McRae's specifications
precisely, such that she doesn't need to do any post-processing to
put the files up on the web.  My CLRTC's latest specification
documents were successfully published with this environment.

If anyone would like early access to this "0.5 wd02" version, please
let me know off list.  I'll post again to this thread when last
week's ZIP is available on the OASIS site for everyone.

--
XSLT/XQuery training:   after http://XMLPrague.cz 2011-03-28/04-01
Vote for your XML training:   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/i/