Subject: RE: [chairs] What can Standards Development / TC Administration do to help?

At 2010-05-18 18:09 -0400, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
>And have a template in ODF format as well.
>
>Of course, the challenge is not finding ten ways to solve the problem. The
>challenge is finding one way.

I disagree.

Mary has been working hard in ensuring our user community sees all
specifications in "one way" as the published work
products.  Absolutely we need consistency there.

But production?  Horses for courses.  Different strokes for different
folks.  Any other metaphor you wish to inject here ... the point is
that for the creative side each specification author will have their
optimum editing environment and providing a myriad of tools
supporting as wide a range of editing preferences will help
committees produce the single consistent work product that our user
community will find very valuable.

Office product users can use ODF.

DITA users can use DITA.

I get to use DocBook.

We look to Mary for the end work product result and she ensures
consistency for our user community.

--
XSLT/XQuery training:   after http://XMLPrague.cz 2011-03-28/04-01
Vote for your XML training:   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/i/