Subject: Re: [chairs] What can Standards Development / TC Administrationdo to help?

Rob,

On 5/18/2010 6:09 PM, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> And have a template in ODF format as well.

Actually the template is available in ODF format.

> Of course, the challenge is not finding ten ways to solve the problem. The
> challenge is finding one way.

So long as it is a finite number of ways, say four or five and we have
tool chains that do automatic checking were possible, for all of them, I
don't think there is a problem.

Perhaps the advocates of each format could volunteer to maintain the
tool chains at the direction of the OASIS staff? (As opposed to saying
that "someone" should maintain the tool chain, which means it falls to
already over committed staff.)

I don't think we are going to find "one way" to author OASIS standards
but we can define a common result where all tool chains should end.

That would be an interesting exercise. To have a "sample" OASIS standard
that could be submitted to each tool chain to be judged on its final
output.

The published output being how members of the standards community and
users of OASIS standards know our work.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

--