Subject: email problems

As you may or may not be aware, the server responsible for OASIS staff mail (that is, anything sent to @oasis-open.org) failed. The decision was made to move off of our own hosted server to a service provider. While this was a quick and easy transition for most employees, my particular setup seemed stable so was not part of the immediate transition. It has been discovered, however, that some emails were being trapped in a spam filter that I had no access to and therefore was completely unaware of numerous messages sent to me between 3 August and today.

I am in the process of transitioning my email as I write this. If you sent me a message over the last week and a half and I haven't responded, it's likely that I didn't receive the message. These are starting to come through now and I'll be working my way through them but if there's something you need urgently please do not hesitate to resend and flag as 'high' or 'urgent'.

It's a very uncomfortable feeling to know that messages aren't getting through for some reason but you have no idea who's sending those messages to let them know you haven't gotten them. Almost as uncomfortable as thinking that your message is being ignored!

My sincere apologies - hopefully all will be back to normal within a few days.

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae
Director, Standards Development
Technical Committee Administrator
email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
web: www.oasis-open.org
twitter: @fiberartisan  #oasisopen
phone: 1.603.232.9090

Standards are like parachutes: they work best when they're open.