Subject: Re: [chairs] New TC Process and more - live training

Mary,

First, I did not receive the original email - was there a problem with the OASIS email system when you sent it?

Second, I am interested in attending a training session.

However, travel to Burlington for this is out of the question.  A location near London, UK, would be a possible venue I could attend.

Being practical, I think the webinar approach is likely to be much more cost effective and should engage a lot more folk.
I suggest holding a couple of webinar sessions to cover different timezones.  Ideally, any webinar should involve plenty of
interaction from the audience, so I suggest the use of appropriate technology to suit this.

Many thanks,

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

From: Mary McRae <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>
To: tcmembers@lists.oasis-open.org, chairs@lists.oasis-open.org
Date: 16/09/2010 23:52
Subject: [chairs] New TC Process and more - live training

I received absolutely no response to this message so I'm resending. I would hate to think that no one was interested in training!

Regards,

Mary

Begin forwarded message:

From: Mary McRae <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>
Date: September 3, 2010 4:42:05 PM EDT
To: tcmembers@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: live training

To all TC Members:

As you may or may not be aware, there will be some fairly significant changes to the TC Process effective 15 October 2010. It's been quite some time since we've held any live training events and this looks like a perfect opportunity to restart the practice.

For starters, we're considering holding day-long sessions the week of October 11 or 18 at our soon-to-be new office in Burlington MA (just north of Boston). For those of you who have never been to New England but have always wanted to visit this part of the country, the Columbus Day weekend typically marks peak foliage season in the mountains of New Hampshire and Vermont, while the Maine coast, Cape Cod and the Islands are still enjoying beautiful weather to get out and explore the beaches, coves and inlets. Of course you'd be coming to learn all about OASIS and meet some of the staff as well as fellow members - but it's always nice to spend an extra day exploring!

If you think you would be interested in attending one of these sessions, please respond noting which day you would prefer:
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday

This isn't a guarantee; we're just trying to determine if there's sufficient interest to do this and whether we'd need one or more sessions.

If you are interested in attending a live training session but unable to travel to Boston, what other locations do you think would be worthwhile?

And yes, we'll also be holding webinars for those that can't attend in person and there's lots of new help material on its way, but there's nothing like getting together face-to-face!

Thanks,

Mary

Mary P McRae
Director, Standards Development
Technical Committee Administrator
Member Section Administrator
email:
mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
web:
www.oasis-open.org
twitter: @fiberartisan  #oasisopen
phone: 1.603.232.9090

Standards are like parachutes: they work best when they're open.

Unless stated otherwise above: