Subject: Committee Notes

Hi Mary,

Having official non-standards track, non-normative committee notes clearly
specified in the process is a good idea. But I must be misunderstanding
the intent of Section 3 with respect to Committee Notes.

Surely if the intent of the TC is to produce a non-normative note, the
informal result of some analysis, for example, or a collection of
examples, it's not necessary for a full-blown member review process.
But that's the way 3.2 reads. Perhaps that section could be clarified.

If non-normative material requires the same level of review as
normative material, I think that's going to significantly impede the
ability of the TC to produce educational material that directly
benefits the community without imposing any standards burden.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Through space the universe grasps me