Subject: RE: [chairs] Re: Committee Notes

The DITA Adoption TC is *very* concerned by this. Our TC produced about 10 feature articles in the space of less than a year, and under the new process it would take us years. Our concern is that by the time our non-normative feature articles finally get to the users, they won't be relevant anymore. The purpose of these feature articles is to educate the public on upcoming features in the future DITA spec, and now we shall be unable to deliver these well-received articles as fast as the market requires. So we're effectively punishing our users and hindering adoption instead of promoting adoption.

Cheers,
Gershon

-----Original Message-----
From: Norman Walsh [mailto:ndw@nwalsh.com]
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2010 6:48 PM
To: Mary McRae
Cc: members@lists.oasis-open.org; chairs@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [chairs] Re: Committee Notes

Mary McRae <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org> writes:
> If it is a TC deliverable, then in order to reach Committee Note
> status it must first be submitted for a 30-day public review.

That's nuts. If it's non-normative, what purpose does the public review serve?

I attempt to publish some non-normative examples and I get stuck in a 30, 45, 60, ... day limbo because someone doesn't like one of the examples.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | As the old hermit of Prague, that never