Subject: Re: [chairs] Re: Committee Notes

On Dec 13, 2010, at 8:47 AM, Norman Walsh wrote:

> Mary McRae <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org> writes:
>> If it is a TC deliverable, then in order to reach Committee Note
>> status it must first be submitted for a 30-day public review.
>
> That's nuts. If it's non-normative, what purpose does the public
> review serve?
>
> I attempt to publish some non-normative examples and I get stuck in a
> 30, 45, 60, ... day limbo because someone doesn't like one of the
> examples.

Why would you get stuck anywhere?
Someone not liking an example, means they say they don't like it.
That's no different than any other public review comment on any other
document a TC produces.
The TC just has to process is like any other comment - no limbo AFAC
see.
    Note: "thank you for comment, close no action" is an oft used
response.

cheers,
   jeff

--
Jeff Mischkinsky			          		jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com
Sr. Director, Oracle Fusion Middleware 				+1(650)506-1975