Subject: Re: [chairs] Re: Committee Notes

I wonder if I might be teasing out a bit of a misunderstanding here ... during a public review, comments may be received. If, as a result of those comments, the document is modified, a further review is required before proceeding to Committee Note (or Committee Specification). However, there is no requirement that all comments be addressed by modifying the document, or that a review must occur with 0 comments before proceeding. "Will fix in next release," "Thanks, we considered that, but decided against it," or "No action taken" are all legitimate responses to comments. More importantly, however, getting input from more than just the TC as to whether  a document has fulfilled its purpose,  is understandable,  is not ambiguous, addresses the problem, etc. only serves to make the document better and encourage broader participation in the process and should not be seen as an impediment.

Best regards,

Mary