Subject: Re: [chairs] Normative XML Schemas and Conventions in OASIS

A set of conventions developed for UBL 2.0 and later adopted or
adapted by other organizations outside of OASIS can be found at

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/cs01-UBL-2.0-NDR/cs01-UBL-2.0-NDR.pdf

The naming and design rules for UBL 2.1 are similar (though not
identical), but the document itself is scheduled for a complete
rewrite next year.  The new version should become available as a
Committee Specification sometime in 2011.

This has nothing to do with the question, but as long as I'm on
the subject of possibly useful work products, I should mention
that UBL has also created guidelines for customization that might
prove useful for other projects where users may need to modify
standard schemas for particular contexts:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/guidelines/UBL2-Customization1.0cs01.pdf

(Yes, we're aware of the page numbering problem.  We'll get around
to fixing that next time we revise the document.)

Jon