Subject: RE: [chairs] Gentle reminder to all TCs regarding acknowledging comments during your feedback

Agreed and the form idea was only intended as exemplary – personally I couldn’t give a monkey’s about the tool deployed as long as it fit for purpose. However: Subscription to a discussion list implies discussion. A “form” implies a submission for subsequent consideration, without interaction.

We need to be clear which problem(s) we are trying to solve before suggesting solutions…

-          Simplify process for external entities to submit comments, whilst respecting IP?

-          Engaging external entities in a debate about a comment (and still respecting IP)?

-          Promoting debate within the TC about comments received, irrespective of whether the TC members have personally received copies of said comments?

Peter

From: Considine, Toby (Campus Services IT) [mailto:Toby.Considine@unc.edu]
Sent: Monday, 02 April, 2012 12:47
To: 'Farrukh Najmi'; 'chairs@lists.oasis-open.org'

I have recently worked in a regulated environment in which comments were signed off on by lawyers who delivered PDFs with signatures and copies to the regulatory agency…

Forms don’t work for everything.

"We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men."   - George Orwell

Toby Considine

Chair, OASIS oBIX Technical Committee
U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC

Email: Toby.Considine@ unc.edu