Subject: RE: [chairs] Chairs: Requesting your feedback on comment resolution logs

Hi,
Attach is a spreadsheet template compiled from different TCs I've worked on (and saved in different formats, .xlsx, .xls, .ods).

It uses drop down pick lists for several items, such as issue status (all the reference values for these lists are stored 'off screen' on top row after column Z...
Columns can be hidden as needed.

HTH,
Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: David Staggs [mailto:david.staggs@jerichosystems.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 25 April, 2012 19:56
To: 'Patrick Durusau'
Cc: 'Chet Ensign'; chairs@lists.oasis-open.org; 'OASIS TAB'; 'Scott McGrath'; 'Jamie Clark'

Patrick

Thanks you for your comment.

The spreadsheet has been expeditious for me - not too much overhead and satisfying the need to complete and document the process.  The commented document section is in column C to quickly jump to each comment in order during the teleconference.  Each reviewer's comment is dropped directly into column D prior to the call.  The suggested change and explanatory comments are made prior or during the TC discussion are in column E.  The actual change to the document is listed in column F once the resolution has been agreed upon.

The benefit is typical of Excel, you can conveniently sort by whatever the need (commenter, document section, unresolved, etc.) during the teleconference. The spreadsheet is also easy to follow if you are sharing your screen during the call.

I'm not advocating spreadsheets over any other method or practice of any other member.  I do like the option to use a simple tool to complete my duty to the TC and move on without learning a specialized tool to capture and document changes.  Perfection is the enemy of good enough.

Cheers,
David