Subject: BSI clarification

Greetings!

Mike Edwards has pointed out that my remarks about the BSI comment interface, while true, don't fully represent the BSI process.

That is to say that after comments are gathered as I have indicated, they enter the labyrinth of BSI for processing and resolution, without being public or further notice to the commenters.

Apologies if my earlier posts implied anything about processing after the comments are submitted to BSI.

The software in question, which I discovered years ago and suggested to OASIS at the time, uses roles (which is why you have to register for an account) to allow comments.

If it were to be used by OASIS, I would suggest adding editor roles so that public comments could be closed and editors could enter resolutions directly in the web interface. I suspect it would require modification to send emails to submitters of comments.

The solution isn't a turn-key one for OASIS but is certainly a step up, at least in my view as an editor who has to track comments across email lists, JIRA, etc. from the current process.

Thanks Mike!

Hope everyone is looking forward to a great weekend!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net