Subject: BIAS ballot

TC Chairs –

You may have seen the announcement that the OASIS BIAS SOAP Profile is being balloted as an OASIS standard.  This document specifies a common SOAP implementation for Biometric Identity Assurance Services – generic biometric web services accessed over an open framework.

We hope you will take the opportunity to learn more about this work and, where appropriate, make your TCs aware of it.  In particular, we hope you will support and encourage organizations to vote on this ballot.

The issue of identity touches many other areas and we feel that this standard will form a basis for the use of biometric technologies/capabilities in these and related areas.

To learn more, you can browse our Wiki or our home page.  If a primary, you can also vote now (ballot closes 5/24).

Your support is appreciated!  Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Regards,

Cathy Tilton

Chair, OASIS BIAS TC

Catherine J. Tilton, CBP

VP, Standards & Emerging Technologies

Daon

11955 Freedom Drive, Suite 16000

Reston, VA  20190

703-984-4080

Fax: 703-984-4099

Cell: 703-472-5546 (preferred)

cathy.tilton@daon.com

www.daon.com

Daon - your trusted identity partner

Daon COTS products have been selected to secure more than 460 million identities around the world, enabling delivery of innovative solutions while reducing schedule time, risk and cost. Call us today to learn why the world’s largest economies count on Daon!