Subject: RE: [chairs] For those TCs using JIRA

Chet,
I personally think that it is a bad idea to automatically add all TC members.
By default, once added, users receive notifications of everything. The resultant flood can turn people off as much as please those for whom this information is valuable.
If someone wants to be added, it's a relatively simple task, no?

-----Original Message-----
From: Chet Ensign [mailto:chet.ensign@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Monday, 06 August, 2012 11:58
To: chairs@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [chairs] For those TCs using JIRA

Bill Cox of the EMIX TC suggested that I should share the following information with you.

Apparently, it was past practice to regularly update JIRA with new members who joined TCs. I wasn't aware of the practice and I have been updating participants in TCs only when asked.

Adding members to JIRA is presently very time consuming. We may have a fix in place in the future to work off the member database but for now I must set up users by hand. So I don't plan at present to resume regular whole-scale updates.

If you are aware of people in your TC who should have access to the TC's JIRA project but do not, please let me know and I will be happy to set them up.

Let me know if you have any questions.

/chet
Chet Ensign
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society http://www.oasis-open.org