Subject: Re: [chairs] For those TCs using JIRA

Few points:

1) Obviously for those TC that don't want to use JIRA (and use spreadsheets or some other bespoke mechanism), how JIRA users are created and emails are sent should not be an issue. IIRC, JIRA project is created for a TC only if the chair requests it.

2) I think we should use an opt-out mechanism (for not getting the JIRA ML updates), regardless of where the JIRA update emails are sent (to the TC ML or a separate ML per Doug's suggestion). I see almost no different between how once you join a TC you automagically get subscribed to the TC mailing list, get access to the doc repo etc, and being subscribed to the JIRA list. I like Doug's idea of a separate mailing list: more aid for email filtering. An opt-in mechanism for those TC that want to use JIRA heavily means unless a member takes an action they will not get any notification regarding ongoing issue discussion, status updates etc. My personaly preference is to not provide the option to opt-out at all: why is someone signing up as a TC member if they don't want to be alerted of issue discussion?

3) Long term a single-signon/single identity store (as Sanjay has suggested) between various OASIS assets seems like the right solution. In the interim, for those TCs that intend to use JIRA heavily, is it possible for a script to run daily (or some appropriate duration) to sync the two separate identity stores? IMHO, for those TC that want to use JIRA heavily, it is important to provide write access to *all* the TC members.

My $0.02

-Anish