Subject: RE: [chairs] Your feedback requested

Chet:
That looks useful. Two comments:
1. such a checklist would be referred to by a link on the Web submission form(s), so that it can't be missed at submission time?
2. The sample motion language goes a long way in preventing embarrassing setbacks. Maybe the next natural step would be to provide web templates for typical motions? (with just placeholders to fill. Could be an extension of the "Ballots" page)
Cheers,
-jacques

-----Original Message-----
From: Chet Ensign [mailto:chet.ensign@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 1:35 PM
To: chairs@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [chairs] Your feedback requested

Chairs,

I'm seeking your feedback on the attached document.

When a TC submits a request to us, for example to prepare a Committee Specification Draft and submit it for public review, we do a series of checks before starting work on the ticket.

In an effort to help you with the steps involved in preparing work products for TC Admin to publish, I assembled our primary checks into the attached spread sheet. This way, you can use the list to guide your actions and be confident that the work product you submit will be unlikely to encounter procedural problems.

I've also included sample motion language for key tasks that you can cut, paste and edit for your own use.

Please have a look and let me know whether you and members of your TC will find this helpful and whether the steps are clear.

Once I have a final version, I will put it online so that it will be easy for you to find and use.

Thanks & I look forward to hearing your feedback.

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393