Subject: Re: [chairs] Feedback requested on Motions Template document

Hi John -

My thought was that you would use the motion language in a meeting and the ballot language for electronic ballots. What I can do - now that you have me thinking about the difference between the two - is to redraft the ballot templates to match the fields of an electronic ballot set up.

In other words, the motion language is ok as is. If I were reading a TCs minutes and found "John Borras moves to approve the Chair requesting TC Admin etc. etc." - the exact language just cut & pasted from the template, that would be perfect.

In the ballot template, I can change it to read:

Ballot title: Approve request for Special Majority Vote for COS
Ballot question: Do you approve the Chair requesting...
Additional detail: etc. etc.

That would make clear that the language in that field was for use in a ballot & again, you would have everything in place to put the ballot together.

Do you think that would address your suggestion?

/chet