Subject: Fwd: [coel] RE: Question from the Public Query Interface

OASIS TC Chairs,

If your editors are writing and editing your specifications in MS Word, this tip from Dr. Paul Burton of the COEL TC may come in very handy. TC Admin tries to check links as thoroughly as possible during publication of your work but we don't catch everything. Here is a neat little feature that will help you spot any faulty links while you are editing. (Note the partial URLs under Related work that were broken by an unseen space after 'docs'.)

I don't know if there is an equivalent feature in Open Office nor have I found how to do this in Word for Macintosh.

A second way to check links, by the way, is to just save your draft as HTML and then run a link checker on it.

Hope you find this helpful. And my thanks to Paul for bringing it to our attention!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <Paul.Bruton@tessella.com>
Date: Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 4:45 AM
To: david.snelling@uk.fujitsu.com
Cc: coel@lists.oasis-open.org

By the way, I found this really useful:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/officeversion_other-word/finding-hyperlinks-in-word-doc/80df8835-0528-40ea-b910-0147af9ee1a6?db=5

It highlighted that a number of the links at the top of our latest document are faulty. They look correct but the links are broken. See picture

Dr. Paul Bruton

Tessella
Chadwick House, Birchwood Park, Warrington, WA3 6AE
E:
Paul.Bruton@tessella.com, T: +44 (0)7557 916535
www.tessella.com    Registered in England No. 1466429

Please consider the environment and do not print this e-mail unless you really need to.

This message is commercial in confidence and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee only. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised and strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please inform the sender immediately. Please note that messages sent or received by the Tessella e-mail system may be monitored and stored in an information retrieval system.

/chet
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-996-2298