Subject: Re: [chairs] From the TAB: Best Practices for Meeting Minutes

That's a good point Nancy. I do minutes that way but you are quite right - it is a duplication.

/chet

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 11:00 AM, Nancy Harrison <nharrison@infobridge-solutions.com> wrote:
Dear Chet,

Your proposed template for minutes includes both a record of the agenda, and then description of how the agenda items were dealt with.  In the DITA TC, we include a link to the full planned agenda - all our agenda are stored permanently on the OASIS web site - and then record the agenda as it was addressed at the meeting, with the discussion - or a note if there was none about a particular item  - listed under each item, up to the last agenda item we addressed in the meeting.  (We don't always get to every agenda item; if we didn't get to it, its not recorded in the minutes, just in the list of agendas.)

I can't see any reason to record the agenda essentially twice in the minutes; folks are already plowing through a lot of material in them; there's no need to burden them with duplication.

Nancy Harrison
Sec'y, DITA TC

Nancy Harrison
Infobridge Solutions