Subject: Re: [chairs] Your feedback on JIRA notifications

Great suggestion, Chet. I’m in favor.

Best regards,

Kenneth

From: Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 5:35:46 PM
To: chairs@lists.oasis-open.org; Mark Davidson
Cc: OASIS TAB; AskTheTAB@lists.oasis-open.org; Scott McGrath
Subject: [chairs] Your feedback on JIRA notifications

Chairs,

On February 9th, I contacted you to ask for your opinions on the volume of JIRA notices coming into your TC's email list. Thanks to all of you who provided feedback. This email is in response to your input.

To summarize, only a few of you indicated that the volume is a significant problem. However, most of the positive responses still conveyed that the set up is not ideal.

I reviewed the details with the TAB and as a result we are proposing the following approach.

The current JIRA TC notification scheme sends alerts to the TC list for:

Issue Created
Issue Updated
Issue Resolved
Issue Closed
Issue Commented
Issue Comment Edited
Issue Comment Deleted
Issue Reopened
Issue Deleted

Our suggestion is that I call this the TC-verbose scheme and offer, in addition, a TC-terse scheme. TC-terse would send an alert to the list when an issue is created. Those TC members who are interested in it can opt to Watch it and receive notifications for any actions. And of course anyone can go to the JIRA instance itself to see all the tickets and their state.

For TCs that want to scale back the volume of notices, I can just change their notification scheme over to TC-terse. That won't affect the issues themselves.

Please let me know your thoughts. If this seems like an option people want, I will get it implemented next week.

/chet
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-996-2298