Subject: JIRA has been upgraded

Chairs, please share this with your Technical Committee members.

Last week, we upgraded JIRA to version 7.7. The interface is the same and, while we were at it, we turned on some features you have requested:

- Rich text formatting is now turned on. You will see the formatting bar at the top of text boxes like Comments and Description. You can click from the Visual tab under the box to Text and then use text formatting markup such as {code}. See https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=all for more information.

- Kanban/scrum boards are now turned on. You can use the boards, for example, organize your issues into sprints. To create boards for your project, click Boards/View all boards on the top menu (to the left of the Create link), then click Create a new board. For more on boards in JIRA, see https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/boards-in-the-new-jira-experience-937886048.html

- You can now attach files to your JIRA issues. Max size is 100MB. Please use in moderation.

- When you first open your project page, you should see a nav bar on the left side to give you access to reports, releases, and components as well as issues.

JIRA's documentation is located at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/jira-software-documentation-764477791.html and you can find more answers there.

Enjoy and let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

/chet
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org