Subject: An alternative way to publish your meeting minutes

Hello chairs,Â

My thanks to Jim Amsden of the OSLC TCs for alerting me to the utility of the minutes field on your TC event page.Â

When you create an event on your TC calendar, you'll see fields for a description of the event (typically used for meeting details) and the agenda.Â

Once the event has been created, if you choose the modify option, you will see an additional field for minutes. (See OASIS-event-page.png attached.)Â

If you enter your meeting minutes there, they will be permanently associated with the meeting itself. (See OASIS-event-page-minutes.png attached.)Â

In addition, saving the event will automatically send an email to the TC mailing list with the minutes included. So you will get the extra benefit of having your minutes searchable in the email archive.Â

The only disadvantage I see is that if you delete the event series, the minutes will be lost along with the old meeting entries. However, the record will still exist in the archive.Â

Also, a reminder that the TAB's Best Practices for Meeting Minutes can be read atÂhttp://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/TCHandbook/Best-practices-for-meeting-minutes-v1.0.html

As always, let me know if you have any questions.Â

--

/chetÂ

Looking forward toÂBorderless Cyber 20183-5 Oct, Washington, D.C.
Organized by The World Bank, OASIS, and Georgetown University

Chet Ensign
Chief Technical Community Steward
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-996-2298