Subject: Re: [board-process] Re: [chairs] Seeking your feedback on proposed workflow changes

That is what I thought, but then had an hour long call with Jamie.

Thanks,
Bret
PGP Fingerprint:Â63B4 FC53 680A 6B7D 1447 ÂF2C0 74F8 ACAE 7415 0050

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 10:55 AM Jason Keirstead <Jason.Keirstead@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
You really need to separate out Contribution Obligations and Participation Obligations here. Not doing that is overly confusing the matter.
Contribution Obligations take effect when the contribution is made. IE, when the work in the TC is accomplished.
Leaving the TC *does not* allow you to ignore your contribution obligations. This is clearly laid out in section 9.
The "escape clause" you refer to below is in regards to participation obligations. IE, you joined a TC, are watching, not doing, and at some point you realize it may be infringing on a patent of yours, you have until 7 days after the ballot to either disclose this patent or exit the TC. Logically, you have to allow for some window here, or else it becomes to dangerous for anyone to ever join a TC even to see what is happening.
-
Jason Keirstead
Chief Architect - IBM Security Threat Management
www.ibm.com/security

Co-Chair - Open Cybersecurity Alliance, Project Governing Board