ciq-comment message

Subject: RE: [ciq-comment] Public Comment

Antony,

There is an ongoing discussion in CIQ re. xs:any
We are going to drop it.
Will it impact on you?

The original idea was that if you want to extend the schema you add only one element form some other
namespace and put whatever you want inside it.

Cheers,
Max

-----Original Message-----
From: comment-form@oasis-open.org [mailto:comment-form@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Wednesday, 27 October 2004 16:44
To: ciq-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ciq-comment] Public Comment

Comment from: antony.williams@msd.govt.nz

I am trying to extend the Record type in xCIL so

that I can add several new attributes to a customer.

Because xCIL defines <xs:any namespace="##other" minOccurs="0">

I can not use normal xsl extension <xs:extension base="t:Record">

If I was to use this to xs:any element to extend

customer I can only add a single node to a customer.