ciq-comment message

Subject: Questions about xAL v 3.0

Hello!

I work as an IT architect in If, a Norwegian insurance company.  We have
recently decided to use OASIS as a common domain model for our customer
webservices.

1) I have downloaded the version 3.0 of xAL, xNL, xNAL and x.PIL.  By
looking at the examples in xAL-International.xml file I get a little
confused.  There seem to be a mismatch between the examples and the
definitions in the xAL documentation.  The postal town is in almost all
of the examples put into the AdministrativeArea without any type.
According to the documentation it should be a Locality with the type
PostTown.  At least this is the way that I would interpret the
documentation.  AdministrativeArea I would use for other purposes.

2) Also I have another problem.  I want to deliver both the PostTown and
the Municipality at the same time.  How am I supposed to do that?  Both
are permitted values for LocalityType, but I can't have two Localities
at the same time.

I have studied the use of the xAL version 2.0 in the GoogleMap for
Norwegian addresses.  Many of the addresses there are displayed
incorrectly, because they use the Municipality name instead of the
PostalTown.  I don't want create the same confusion in our systems about
this.

Are you able to provide me with some help to these questions?  3) Also,
are there any Norwegian or other Nordic contributors to the xAL standard
that I can discuss with?

Regards Svein Krosshavn
Telefon: +47 67 84 04 08
Telefaks: +47 67 84 00 10