ciq-comment message

Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: OASIS CIQ TC

Hi Simon,

Valid point. The only option is to use the ##other declaration as it allows you to add a new attribute as an extension.

Regards,
Ram Kumar

On 10 Apr 2015, at 5:31, Simon Schlosser <simon.schlosser@unisg.ch> wrote:

Hi Ram,

I have a question regarding the PostCode in the xAL. There is no "type" or something similar associated with the PostCode object. However, I have a case where this would be necessary. One example is Ireland, where an address can have several PostCodes e.g. Loc8 code or OpenPostcode or the new and upcoming EIRCODE. Here it would be important to know the type of the PostCode, e.g. to perform a validation.

Probably this has already been considered in the standard, but I did not find another object which I could use here (except the FreeTextAddress).

Would you have any recommendation? Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Simon

Simon Schlosser

Research assistant
Institute of Information Management | University of St. Gallen

Phone: +41 79 9642762
Mail:
simon.schlosser@unisg.ch | IWI-HSG
CC Corporate Data Quality

***New team office postal address as of April 14, 2014***
Business Engineering Institute St. Gallen AG

Competence Center Corporate Data Quality (CC CDQ)

Lukasstrasse 4 | 9008 St. Gallen | Switzerland