ciq message

Subject: RE: Minutes of the tele-conference CIQ meeting held on 15 January 2001

Hello all,

thanks for distributing the minutes on short notice. However, let's kick
some life into this list, as I haven't heard anything since!

Ram, I read you updated NAML - would you care to distribute the updated
version?

John, looking forward to the document on security - I hope this will help us
in addressing potential questions like the ones that CPExchange appeared to
have got from a hyped US senator. I read nothing about discussion on this
part? Has there been any?

I am not sure what to read in the bits about how we are progressing with the
xNAL specification itself. As I see it we will simply copy and paste the AND
GlobalAddress into the Mastersoft NAML to create a startingpoint for xNAL.
In December Ram expressed the wish to verify, by making a comparison table,
that everything expressed in his address format could be expressed in
GlobalAddress. I myself am confident that this is possible, since we *are*
processing addresses from all countries that NAML covers within my company.
Also, Ram and I have actually compared our DTDs during XML2000 and we
couldn't find any substantial differences, so for me this chapter is closed.

On the other hand I do recognize the need, by the time of our first draft
xNAL release end of March, for some sample data. This is the timeline I have
put forward, and since I am sure you appreciate the effort it will take to
compile such a sample dataset, this is also the earliest that I can have it.
d?

What we also did agree to at our kickoff meeting is to make an extensible
multilevel definition. For example, for Address this would mean that one
should be able to markup "