ciq message

Subject: Minutes CIQ confcall 2001/02/22, plus initial breakdown planning V0.5

Hello all,

please find attached the minutes of the latest conference call, 22nd of Feb
2001. My apologies for the delay, but -again- I was caught with a nasty
fever which floored me for a full week. I seem to be catching anything that
goes around this year :-(

I do wish to mention my continuing concern for the V0.5 deadline, which I do
not believe we can make at all especially with the 1.5 week delay my work
now has got from being ill. The state that my company is in (see minutes)
also has an adverse effect on my efforts, if only because it makes me have
to spend more time on urgent company matters.

Let me give what I believe is a chronological list of actions to be taken
until the release, plus a rough estimate of required lapse time:
- Expand GlobalAddress with finer grained elements (VB, 1.5 week)
- Discuss and decide on name vs. address position in xNAL specification (VB,
RK, 1 week)
- Integrate GlobalAddress and NAML spec/DTD into xNAL (RK, VB, 2 weeks)
- Adapt pre-GlobalAddress sample data (still in proprietary AND format) to
the finalized xNAL spec (VB, RK, 2 weeks)
- Adapt xNAL documentation to final spec (RK, VB, 2 weeks)
- Add security chapter to documentation (RK, JB, 1 week)
- Internal CIQ review period DTD, samples, documentation + write release
announcement etc. (RK, VB, JB, 1 week)

Given that some activities can be done in parallel, release of v0.5 is at
least 6 weeks out according to my estimate. These times may look long, but I
find them very realistic and maybe even on the short side given that every
round-trip e-mail exchange takes at least a full day. Any shortening of
these times may only be achieved by doing more work in "splendid isolation",
but IMO this would only lead to more fundamental discussions *after* the
work has been done (taking even more time for changes).

Last but not least, in none of the conversations we have discussed in detail
what we will do with xCIL. I would not be happy to release xCIL as a 1:1
copy of CIML before I have had the time to compare it with at least the OTA
spec myself. Also, checking and changing all CIML documentation to make them
xCIL takes time.

We agreed during the last call that we should have a new meeting in two
weeks - as I've spent most of this time in bed, could we postpone this call
until early next week? Any day would be fine with me.

Best regards,
Vincent

Vincent Buller
AND Data Solutions B.V.