ciq message

Subject: FW: [cpexchange-wg] FW: CPExchange Conference Call Notes 6/12/01

-----Original Message-----
From: Wyke, Allen [mailto:awyke@engage.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 7:58 AM
To: ''cpexchange-wg@yahoogroups.com' '
Subject: RE: [cpexchange-wg] FW: CPExchange Conference Call Notes
6/12/01

I think it is also worth nothing that there is a secondary option to merging
efforts. While I must admit I have not reviewed the CIQ efforts yet (doing
so thihs week), I expect we will find that there is a common core set of
functionality between CIQ and CPExchange. I am also guessing each will have
their own features specific to each implementation - otherwise, why would
the CIQ group being an effort after CPExchange was started?

In any case, a possible and probable solution is to provide an XSLT
tranformation between the standards. This would provide vendors/users the
ability to support each effort seemlessly. This also allows each group to
focus on areas they excel in, without having a merged and bloated standard.

I will send a more detailed list of comments hopefully by the end of the day
Friday.

Allen