ciq message

Subject: FW: OpenTravel Alliance Coordination

Hi all

FYI

Ram
-----Original Message-----
From: Ram Kumar [mailto:rkumar@msi.com.au]
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 4:45 PM
To: CIQ TC (E-mail); 'gzimmer@disa.org'
Cc: 'karl.best@oasis-open.org''
Subject: RE: OpenTravel Alliance Coordination

Gloria
-----Original Message-----
From: Gloria Zimmer [mailto:gzimmer@disa.org]
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2001 12:39 AM
To: Ram Kumar

At 02:09 PM 6/21/01 +1000, you wrote:
Gloria
Any progress regarding possible working relationship between OASIS CIQ TC and OTA?
Regards
Ram

Ram - Three companies overlap OTA and OASIS membership - Sun Microsystems, IBM and Sabre. Sabre has been actively involved with the content development of OTA specifications and we have identified a potential candidate from Sabre to serve in the position of liaison between the two organizations. Sabre representative Dennis Robinson has identified John MacDonald, who attends various OASIS meetings and I believe he is also on your Technical committee.

No, John is not in our technical committee. He could be on our mailing list. It is good to know that OTA is taking interest in
getting this co-ordination between OASIS and OTA. I believe that this is good for all in the long run.

 John attended OTA's Advisory Forum in May, although has not been active in any further OTA work to date. Dennis has offered to approach John about acting as liaison, but I have not received a reply to date.

 This may depend upon an internal decision at Sabre, as it would mean that JOhn should probably be attending selected OTA technical meetings as well.

Ok. Please keep me updated and thanks.

 When/where is the next meeting of the CIQ??

CIQ had its conference call meet last friday. The next meeting will be sometime in the third week of July.

Regards

Ram
 Sincerely,
Gloria

Gloria Gordon Zimmer
Data Interchange Standards Association (DISA)
333 John Carlyle Street, Suite 600
Alexandria, VA  22314
PHONE: (703) 837-6182
FAX: (703) 548-1264