ciq message

Subject: FW: use of CIQ-Standards (xNAL)

CIQ TC,

Another potential use of CIQ Standards.

I just found out that the Canadian eGovernment has
implemented xNAL as the base standard for name and
address.

I see that the CIQ standards, partiuclarly the name and
address standard is achieving stability with no complaints.

I was contacted by the manager of standards development
and support of Universal Postal Union yesterday stating
that their mission is to align their name and address
standards effort with our name and address standard.

Regards,

Ram

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthias Glander [mailto:Matthias.Glander@bmw.de]
Sent: Wednesday, 3 September 2003 5:49 PM
To: rkumar@msi.com.au
Subject: use of CIQ-Standards (xNAL)

I am downloading the CIQ-standards (xNAL) and since you asked for a few
lines describing the background:

The BMW Group maintains Dealer-Information including "addresses". We are
evaluating, which datamodel for "addresses" fits to our needs and the
ongoing efforts in standardazation may be taken into account.
(It is not clear yet, if addresses are held just for mailing purposes or
for statistical analysis as well)

Yours sincerely,
Matthias Glander

--
Dr. Matthias Glander, BMW Group, Tel: +49-89-382-37922
Kompetenzzentrum Daten- und Objektmanagement (CoC DOM)