ciq message

Subject: FW: CQI XML Standards Download Usage

CIQ TC,

FYI

Ram

-----Original Message-----
From: ADRIAN, PAT (SBCSI) [mailto:pa2871@sbc.com]
Sent: Thursday, 2 October 2003 3:18 AM
To: 'rkumar@msi.com.au'
Cc: ADRIAN, PAT (SBCSI)
Subject: CQI XML Standards Download Usage

FYI.
I downloaded the CQI XML Standards to use for comparison to our enterprise
logical data model.  I think that comparing the XML fields for Name
(Party/Person/Organization) and Address will help determine if there are
gaps in our enterprise data model.  It will also help us determine whether
project-level data models are including the appropriate attributes in their
logical models based on project requirements.

I happen to believe that an enterprise data model should establish the
business vocabulary for the enterprise.  Data names used in the enterprise
data model ought to be the ones used (where possible) by project teams that
build persistent data stores of any kind--relational, flat files, object.
XML just happens to be a way to exchange data and XML data item (tag) names
ought to align with the enterprise data model (where possible) or follow the
same corporate naming standards that  logical data models follow.
Thanks,
Pat

Patricia M. Adrian
Senior Technical Architect--SBC