ciq message

Subject: Re: [ciq] OLD [new requirements]

Max,

Looking at your document seems to me these are
all OLD requirements!?!

I like the idea of creating PROFILES.

I'm a bit hestitant over going with the requirements
document as you have it.  Certainly from the
address point of view - we can categorize
communities (aka profiles).  But specific
technical features (web service, et al) I think
we should be careful of.   Better to stay
more abstract - and then look at a selection
of methods.  People can always bolt on
technical bells and whistles as they desire
to our foundation methods then.

In this regard - I believe the UPU has a
comprehensive and clear set of requirements
for postal addressing.

What I'd like to see is us taking that and
creating one sample PROFILE for CIQ
and UPU using CAM templates as the
bridge.  CAM is providing a method
based around UID references, noun,
and sub-assemblies.

Now we have the open source CAM
processor available ( http://jcam.org.uk )
there is nothing technically impeding this
work.  I know the UPU has some
excellent test data (and I'm sure there is others
such as Australia, Japan, etc) that we can use.

By making one such PROFILE - I believe
we will then be in a position to understand
how these other areas may also be addressed.

What I see here is that the challenge for CIQ
is really one of moving beyond what XSD has
to offer - and using techniques that can
provide the level of eBusiness re-use of
address structures that are required.

If you crack that nut - then all these
profiles will fit neatly into place.

Thanks, DW.