ciq message

Subject: FW: OASIS xNAL standards and RDF

CIQ TC,

FYI.

Regards,

Ram

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard David Lennox [mailto:ceerdl@macs.hw.ac.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, 10 February 2004 11:59 PM
To: rkumar@msi.com.au
Subject: OASIS xNAL standards and RDF

Hi,

I am currently studying for my BSc(Hons) in computer Science at
Heriot-Watt University.  For my dissertation I am developing an RDF/XML
data model for bibliographic data (in particular for use in referencing
sources). I have come across The OASIS xNAL (xNL and XAL) standards for
person naming and was wondering if any attempt had been made to create an
equivalent using the Resource Description Framework (RDF).  If you have
heard of such an attempt or effort, could you point me in its direction.
If not I believe it would be a useful exercise and in part I might be
considering doing some of the work myself.

Thanks for your help

Richard Lennox