ciq message

Subject: RE: [ciq] Latest versions of xNL and xAL (Version 3.0.5)

Hi All

Just reading through the xNL schema, and I came across OrganisationName
element. I had problem in the past with a requirement to represent company's
registered name along side its "Trading As" name. For example, "NRMA
Insurance" may trade as "IAG" and a bunch of trade-marks.
I think we should allow for multiple OrganisationName elements, where Type
attribute would indicate whether it is a registered name or an alias.
That is one option. The alternative is to add "Alias" element to
OrganisationName, same as on PersonName element.

Also from experience, "##other" elements and attributes never survive
implementation phase of the project. If you want to allow for other
namespaces to be used in the schema, this is normally seen as either
extending the schema itself, or merging of two or more schemas. This
normally occurs in point-to-point integration projects at any particular
touch-point. As ugly as it may seem, it's a fact of life that changes will
be made in schema due to implementation pressures.
I don't think there's a good/elegant way to do this, so I'd rather not have
"##other" elements and attributes in the schema at all. This would leave
each individual implementation of the schema to figure out their own
customisation - which is what normally happens in any case.

Regards,

Hido Hasimbegovic
eBusiness Consultant | CustomWare Asia Pacific | www.customware.net
T: +61-3-9667-0124 | F: +61-3-9663-2616 | M: +61-416-174-453
Level 2, 222 Latrobe Street
Melbourne VIC
3000 Australia

Improve the quality of your services with WmUnit

Unit testing framework for WebMethods http://www.customware.net/WmUnit