ciq message

Subject: RE: new design paradigm for discussion

Hi all

Ram, Max...many thanks for the effort that has certainly gone in here.  I think it's one of the hardest things to do - to know one thing so well, and go back to the drawing board and redesign it from a zero base.

I have circulated it internally here, but a considered response is not likely before next week.

My personal observations are:

1)  Noting that geospatial is gone, although I guess you can create a namespace for it. We would need a reference to geospatial given the long running strategy of trying to harmonise address types for the nation....one day..:-)

2)  I am still trying to work out if most organisations' data matching and interoperability needs are better served by this version or not.  It seems more straight forward, tighter (in one context) which is good and I like the treatment of the identifier and the data quality elements.  Also the use of connectors (Mr AND Mrs) may possibly make our data matching harder.  But then again it might make it easier.

I will revert when we have had a better look at it.

Thanks again

Cheers
Colin