ciq message

Subject: RE: Version 3.0 of CIQ Specs.

Michael,

Thanx for your feedback. All valid points.

Alignment with UBL wasn't a requirement for CIQ, but simplicity and ease of implementation are.
Attribute naming can be changed to lCC if there is a need for this.
Putting every enumeration in a separate file and separate namespace will add unnecessary complexity.

Nonetheless, nothing is set in stone so far.

Looking forward for more info from you.

Cheers,
Max

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael.Roytman@vertexinc.com [mailto:Michael.Roytman@vertexinc.com]
Sent: Thursday, 14 July 2005 03:59
To: Ram Kumar; Max Voskob
Cc: ciq@lists.oasis-open.org

Gentlemen,

I am in the process of reviewing the CIQ 3.0 documentation and schemas. So far I have found the
information to be readable, logical and easy to understand. While reviewing the schemas, there are a
few discrepancies with the UBL Name and Design rules (if we choose to follow their recommendation)
that I would like to bring to your attention:
   Attributes throughout the specifications should be in lowerCamelCase
   [UBL NDR GNR9]
   Enumerations-code lists should be provided in separate files to support
   the modularity principles. As stated in the specification, values can be
   added/modified/removed at a later time. To minimize the impact on the
   entire structure, the impact should be limited to the code list
   undergoing the changes, not the entire set of code lists.
   Each code list must be maintained in its own namespace [UBL NDR NMS18]

Upon completion of my review, I will try to use the schemas to represent current work of Tax XML on
the Certificate of Residence project.
Kind regards,

Michael Roytman.

(See attached file: UBL-NDR-Checklist-1.0.pdf)

|         |           Ram Kumar        |
|         |           <kumar.sydney@gma|
|         |           il.com>          |
|         |           07/13/2005 04:54 |
|         |           Ram Kumar        |

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------|

  |       To:       "Michael.Roytman@vertexinc.com" <Michael.Roytman@vertexinc.com>
|
  |       cc:       john.glaubitz@vertexinc.com, Max Voskob <max.voskob@paradise.net.nz>
|
  |       Subject:  Re: Version 3.0 of CIQ Specs.
|

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------|

Hi Michael,

Thanks. I am sure you will find these schemas easier to implement as they are pretty flat structure.
If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me or Max. V will be more than happy
to assist. If you think something is missing, let us know.

Regards,

Ram

On 7/12/05, Michael.Roytman@vertexinc.com <Michael.Roytman@vertexinc.com>
wrote:

> Hello Ram,
>
> I am reviewing the specs and the schemas, and will update the Tax XML
group
> as well as the Certificate of Residence sub-group. I am also working
> to update the proof of concept that we presented in Sydney to use the
> CIQ
3.0