ciq message

Subject: Use of Codelist in CIQ - A thought

Members,

I sent you a list of questions earlier about the things we need to consider
before using Codelist in CIQ. I have a thought. How about we use two versions
of CIQ :
- On using codelist and the other without codelist, but with the current approach
for codelists.

Though we will have two versions of the schemas, the XML documents generated
out of the two schemas will still be the same. Except that, one will do one pass
validation and the other will do two pass validation.

This gives the flexibility to the users to decide the best approach for them.

Let me know your thoughts. The reason why I thought about this idea is because
I am of the view that when users embedd CIQ specs., as part of their application or
other specs., and if they do not use codelist approach to handle their codes, they
will be forced to jsut validate CIQ related data using codelist methodology which
could be a pain for them.

Regards,

Ram